- Artikel-Nr.: 24Y
System Programmer Fundamentals (ES40G)
Kurssprache ist Deutsch, die Unterlagen sind in englischer Sprache.
This course is designed to describe the basic components that apply to all z/OS systems. It includes high level concepts that apply to the z/OS hardware platform and the z/OS software. It then provides a more detailed analysis, description and lab activities that can be applied to the system programmer role to maintain z/OS systems.
Discussion activities include: The POR, IPL process, JES implementation and operating environment, VTAM environment for TSO, ISPF, SNA and TCP/IP networking, RACF, ISPF/PDF and UNIX System Services. It defines the classic approach to data management in a z/OS system. It identifies various software products and utilities used to define, maintain, and manage catalogs and data sets in the z/OS environment. It also discusses Parmlib usage and requirements for system initialization and operation that include: System symbolics, WLM, SFM, RMF and system logger. Both single system and multi-system sysplex usage is identified. z/OS install, upgrade options, maintenance using SMP/E and I/O configuration requirements using HCD is listed and described.
Hinweis: Dieses Seminar wird in Zusammenarbeit mit dem offiziellen Partner des IBM Global Training Providers Global Knowledge: Integrata AG oder dem IBM Education Delivery und IBM Sales Partner von Arrow ECS: Fast Lane Institute for Knowledge Transfer GmbH durchgeführt.
- Unit 1 - What makes up a z/OS system?
- Exercise 1- Introduction to z/OS setup
- Unit 2 - System boot: POR and IPL
- Exercise 2 - Complete the IPL: Start JES, start networking
- Unit 3 - Processing user work with z/OS
- Exercise 3 - LOGON into TSO and create a new user profile
- Unit 4 - Networking, z/OS communication server
- Exercise 4 - Data administration
- Unit 5 - What else is needed for end user access to the system?
- Exercise 5 - Automate startup and monitor the system
- Unit 6 - Data management
- Exercise 6 - System logger
- Unit 7 - A closer look at IPL: IPLPARM, SYS1.PARMLIB, SYS1.PROCLIB
- Exercise 7- Define a string of DASD and ACTIVATE dynamically
- Unit 8 - System management: WLM, SMF, RMF, and system logger
- Exercise 8 - Install and maintain a user function
- Unit 9 - Hardware configuration definition
- Unit 10 - Software maintenance: SMP/E
- Unit 11 - Change management: ServerPac and other IBM services
- Have z/OS installation experience or have attended z/OS Installation (ES41A)
- Be familiar with end user activities on MVS, including knowledge of JCL, IDCAMS, the MVS address space structure, and the concept of batch scheduling using JES initiators
This intermediate class is intended for new System Programmers and System Administrators, who require an overall understanding of the z/OS platform, z/OS components, data management, and installation and maintenance activities used in z/OS systems.